How Long Does It Take to Detox from Marijuana?
What is Weed?
Marijuana – or “weed” – is one of the most commonly used substances in the United States. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration reported that in 2019, over twenty-two million people twelve or older used marijuana every thirty days.1
- Sinsemilla (from specially grown female hemp plants).
- Hashish (the resinous form of the cannabis plant).
- Hash oil (a sticky black liquid).
Is Weed Addictive?
What Are the Effects of Marijuana?
Marijuana is mainly controlled under federal law, but many states permit medical use, and others have been slowly legalizing recreational use as well. Weed can be smoked, used to brew tea, and can be added to foods. When smoked or vaporized, marijuana is fast-acting because it is readily absorbed into the bloodstream through the lungs. As a result, it takes longer for marijuana to elicit an effect when eaten or brewed, but the effects last longer than when inhaled or smoked.3
How Long Does Marijuana Stay in Your System?
Marijuana detox is the process of removing marijuana and all related metabolites from the body. This can lead to uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms and is often a major cause of substance use relapse. In some cases, certain medications can help reduce the severity of withdrawal symptoms and make it easier for individuals to complete treatment and detox from marijuana.6
How Do Marijuana Drug Tests Work?
How To Pass a Marijuana Drug Test
Accelerating the Removal of THC
- Temporary marijuana detox products for heavy users
- Abstinence for light users
- Drinking lots of water
- Using diuretics like cranberry juice to detox marijuana
Marijuana Detox and Withdrawal: What to Expect
Marijuana Withdrawal Symptoms
Management & Prevention
Heavy or consistent marijuana use may lead to the development of substance use dependence. When marijuana use is discontinued, it is common to experience discomfort as the body adjusts and functions without the influence of the substance. This may lead to a relapse in an attempt to get rid of withdrawal symptoms. If a person relapses, it is essential to avoid discouragement or negative thoughts.
Do Detox Remedies Work?
Risks of Detoxing on Your Own
Marijuana Detox Treatment & Medications
Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
Our rehabilitation facilities provide many long-term benefits that can help people overcome addiction. Inpatient rehab programs generally last for thirty to ninety days, though they can go on for longer in some cases.
Intensive Outpatient Programs
Therapies for Addiction
We offer many types of therapy that may be used during this type of treatment, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), art therapy, music therapy, equine therapy, yoga, and meditation.
- How long does weed stay in your system? The amount of time weed remains in a person’s system is determined by how much weed is taken and often it is taken.
- Can marijuana detox cause diarrhea? Yes, it can. Stomach upset is one of the most common symptoms of marijuana withdrawal when a patient detoxes from marijuana.
- What happens when you detox from THC? THC withdrawal symptoms begin to manifest one to three days after marijuana use cessation. Effects will include physical and psychological symptoms.